Feeling tired and exhausted.
Having anxiety, digestive disorder, or nerve pain.
Here is a solution, Kerala Ayurveda Massage.
It helps in curing all these issues without you taking any medication.
Massage is generally considered part of integrative medicine.
Here is what Kerala Ayurveda Massage can do.
It can reduce stress and increase relaxation, energy and can also improve blood circulation.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is the ancient Indian system of living and healing which addresses the physical, spiritual and emotional aspect of our well-being. Ayurveda is a system for curing aliments. It is an amalgamation of ‘knowledge or Science (Veda) of life (Ayur)’. It combines with different knowledge system that combines a right and healthy way of life that is disease free.
Why is Massage recommended in Ayurveda?
Ayurveda believes that good health depends on many factors. Using herbal remedies, changes in diet and lifestyle, and doing oil massages are other Ayurveda treatment options to improve health.
Massages in Ayurveda are done using herbal oil to provide health benefits. The reason why massage is recommended in Ayurveda is that massaging helps the oil to penetrate through the skin into the tissues. The herbs used in oil thus reach the tissues where they work more effectively. There are many benefits that Ayurveda massage oil provides.
Some of these benefits include:
- It relaxes the muscles and helps to provide relief from stress and headaches.
- Regular massage in the body using herbal oil helps in reducing the stiffness of the muscles.
- It improves the circulation of the blood.
- It helps in strengthening the skin making it healthier.
- Massaging the scalp strengthens hair at the root level and also helps in growing healthy hair.
- It nourishes the entire body when a full massage is done – this provides a rejuvenating effect on the body.
- Since it relaxes the body, it helps in ensuring good sleep.
Types of Kerala Ayurveda Massage
There are many different types of Kerala Ayurveda Massage which is being done for relaxation of once body and mind. Some of them are:
- Abhyanga: It is the body massage using warm herbal oil. The use of pressure during the massage helps in stimulating energy in the body.
- Elakizhi: It is the massage in which Herbal products are used to improve skin health.
- Udvartana: This massage is done using a herbal powder to release toxins from the body.
- Njavarakizhi: It is a special massage that is done to revitalize the senses by promoting sweating.
- Shidehara: In this head massage oil is continuously poured on the head to relax head from headaches.
- Pizhichil: It involves continuously pouring of warm oil while carrying out the massage.
- Kativasti: This is a special massage to provide relief from back pain and muscle aches.
How is Ayurveda massage done?
Initially Ayurveda massages was done by expert masseurs since it involves use of specialized process. Nowdays, one can do self-massage also. Massaging your body requires time. It requires the use of an Ayurveda. The oil is to be gently massaged on the entire body.
When you massage your body, you need to show the care and affection to your body. This kind of a approach will give you a feeling of warmth when you massage completely. It also creates a nourishing effect on the skin and on the entire body. But, before you start with the self-massage, you need to choose the oil first. Then you need to decide when you will do the massage.
Initially start it once or twice a week. It will take time for you to learn the art of self-massage. Take a week or two to be adjusted to the routine. Once you are comfortable, you should be able to complete the process within 15 to 20 minutes. Then after which you increase the frequency to thrice a week or to alternate days. If you have time and if you are comfortable with it, you can do it every day to enjoy its full benefits.
Ideally, you need to do it early in the morning so that you can follow it with a shower. You can even do it in the evenings if you don’t get time in the morning. This will help you feel relaxed after a hard day’s work.
The key point in the massage is the use of Ayurveda oil. Choosing the right Ayurveda massage oil ensures that you can experience the complete benefits of the massage. Selecting the oil depends on your health conditions.
Some of the good Ayurveda oil for body massage according to once health condition are :
- When the weather is cold, we can use sesame oil or even mustard oil as these are warming in nature.
- During hot weather, use coconut oil, cocoa butter, or olive oil as they are cooling.
- Almond oil is good for neutral weather.
- For correcting the imbalance in Kapha Dosha, you can use safflower oil or sweet almond oil.
- For getting relief from Vata imbalance, you can use Almond or sesame oil. Sesame is considered the King of oils that help you correct Vata imbalance.
- If Pitta Dosha is vitiated, you can use coconut oil or sunflower oil.
- If you want oil that can balance all doshas, jojoba oil will be helpful.
- These are the base oils; herbs added to these oils make the oil more potent. You can select the herbal oil depending on the Dosha affected and your health issues.
Some of the Ayurveda oil good for self-massage are:
- Pavan Oil helps you to improve skin health and keep it soft.
- Sahacharadi Thailam is an anti-inflammatory oil which helps to manage rheumatism.
- Tejas Oil is like a natural moisturizer. It helps to reduce Pitta Dosha vitiation and helps relax the mind and body.
- Mahanarayana Thailam is a joint care oil that helps to reduce stiffness and inflammation.
- Bala Thailam helps to reduce inflammation and provides strength to the body. It helps to relieve pain from conditions like arthritis.
- Santhwanam Oil improves blood circulation and provides relief from muscular pain.
- Dharani Oil it used to reduce Kapha Dosha vitiation. It improves skin health, blood flow, and makes you feel refreshed.
- Balaswagandhadi Thailam it helps to improve nervous system strength.
So, pack your bags and start planning for Kerala trip to experience Kerala’s enchanting greens offering mountains, beaches, jungles, plantations, adventures sports and massage centers for relaxing holidays.